Landlord's Certificates in Harrogate

We provide Gas Safety Certificates (CP12) to Landlords, Home Owners, and Estate Agents within Harrogate and the surrounding area. All private landlords must have a valid gas safety certificate for all the gas equipment in the accommodation they rent out. Gas safety certificates can only be given by Gas Safe registered engineers and are valid for 12 months.

In order to give a gas safety certificate the engineer has to check:

• The gas supply
• Gas appliances
• Gas flues
• Ventilation

Landlords must keep copies of the inspection report and certificate and should keep records of any works carried out. If the gas engineer notices any problems the landlord must fix them. If a landlord fails to do this or fails to provide a gas safety certificate it is a criminal offence.

If the gas engineer identifies any problems with the gas equipment, the landlord must get a registered gas engineer to carry out the works required. The gas engineer has the power to seal off any faulty equipment or request the gas company to cut off the supply to the property.

A Landlord Gas Safety Inspection includes:

• Check appliance for gas tightness
• Check standing and working pressures if test points are available
• Check for satisfactory provision of all necessary ventilation
• Check burner pressure/gas rate against manufacturers guidelines
• Test flue flow to ensure removal of products of combustion
• Check satisfactory operation of all the flame failure devices
• Check all appliances are suitably secured to manufactures instructions
• Provide documentation of all evidence.

Want more information? Call us today on 0800 471 4777