Terms & Conditions
Customer Service Policy
Smart Energy & Gas Ltd (Company Reg: 11086480) operate on the principles of honesty and reliability and aim to provide a high quality excellent customer service.
We will do this by:
- Knowing who our Customers are and what they want – through open communication
- Providing products and services to the highest possible standards to satisfy our
- Customers’ needs, Expectations of Quality, Safety & Reliability of Service Definitions
Customer: Means the person or company for whom the work is carried out
We: Means Smart Energy & Gas Ltd
Us: Means Smart Energy & Gas Ltd
Our: Means Smart Energy & Gas Ltd
The total charge to the Customer shall consist of:-
The cost of materials supplied by Smart Energy & Gas Ltd and the amount of time spent by our engineers to carry out the works (including all reasonable time spent in obtaining unstocked materials)
Fixed Price Work
Fixed Price Work shall be given as a firm cost (manifest errors exempted) including Labour & Materials.
Where a written estimate has been supplied to the Customer, the total charge to the Customer referred to in the estimate should not exceed the actual time taken by more than 20% but may be revised in the following circumstances:-
If after submission of the estimate the Customer instructs Smart Energy & Gas Ltd (whether orally or in writing) to carry out additional works not referred to in the estimate
- If after submission of the estimate there is an increase in the price of materials
- If after submission of the estimate it is discovered that further works need to be carried out which were not anticipated when the estimate was prepared.
- If after submission of the estimate it is discovered that there was a manifest error when the estimate was prepared
- We shall not be bound by any estimates given orally or in which specification errors occur
All charges are subject to VAT at the current rate, except in cases where the work carried out is zero rated
Payment of our Invoices
Invoices are due for payment on completion of the work. If any part of that invoice remains unpaid after 7 days, we may exercise the right to charge the customer interest at the rate of 4% over the base rate until payment in full is received by us. All parts and materials will remain the property of Smart Energy & Gas Limited until all invoices are paid in full.
For large contracts or where there is a significant delay between first fix and second fix, we may request stage payments to cover the value of work completed to date. Where there is significant expenditure on materials prior to work starting, we may ask for an up-front stage payment to cover the cost of these materials.
If the Customer cancels their oral or written instructions prior to any work being carried out or materials supplied, then the Customer shall be liable for any related expenditure together with the profit that would have been made by Smart Energy & Gas Ltd had the work been carried out and/or materials supplied in accordance with such instructions.
These Terms & Conditions and all contracts awarded between Smart Energy & Gas Ltd and our Customer shall be governed and construed in accordance with English law.